Friday, February 27, 2009

Half a snow day?

1/2 is better than none! All the schools were closed today. When that happens, the office closes until 10am. Sweet! I went right back to bed. Because I only work until 11am on Fridays, I had barely finished my first cup of coffee before it was time to go home. Normally, I would have gone out to the college to teach, but it was closed. So I hung around the office, off the clock, drank some more coffee, and ended up helping a co-worker with a software program.

I was planning to go visit with mom and dad, but when I called, they were doing their taxes and indicated their road was still icy. So, I got back into my PJs and picked up my knitting.

I have been working on a sweater with some yarn I got last summer that I love. Not only did I get a good deal on it, I love the feel and color of it. So I combined it with a pattern I have been wanting to do for a long time. I am not sure I like how the collar turned out, but otherwise I am loving it. I may remove the collar later. I did use up the 3 colors I had originally planned for it, and I had to add a fourth color, but I am still loving it. Don't worry, I plan to wear something underneath it. LOL Jordan is my fashion consultant, I will have to appeal to her to email me any suggestions. TS, could you please bring this to her attention? :P

I am having a little cabin fever issue today. I think it is because I feel restricted from going outside. YIKES. The news just said it is going to be -10 tonight! I wonder if that is with the wind chill? The wind is nasty and biting today.

I also heard on the news that Facebook fanatics are giving up Facebook for Lent. They are suffering real withdrawl symptoms. I am not surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment